AFSA offers an advanced certificate in Advanced Alternative Dispute Resolution 2017 in conjunction with the University of Pretoria. The study programme lasts for approximately six months and is broken into four compulsory modules. One of these modules is an elective module which students choose from four options.
The compulsory modules for the advanced certificate are:
- An introduction to conflict management and dispute resolution;
- Mediation, consensus building processes and skills;
- Arbitration, adjudicative processes and skills.
The elective courses, from which the student must choose at least one, are:
- Labour arbitration;
- International commercial arbitration;
- Divorce mediation;
- Construction arbitration.
The ADR course is ideal for most professionals, business people, IR and HR professionals and union representatives. Graduates of the course qualify as arbitrators and mediators, and can apply for membership of AFSA, and to our panels.